Property Mojo Limited (“Property Mojo”) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (“the Act”) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how Property Mojo will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Property Mojo may at any time change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that Property Mojo uploads the revised policy. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website and/or Property Mojo’s services following any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
- COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Property Mojo collects personal information about you from:
- You, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you purchase or use our services and products;
- Third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
- USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Property Mojo will use your personal information:
- To verify your identity;
- To provide services, products and related resources to you;
- To market Property Mojo’s services and products to you, including contacting you electronically;
- To improve Property Mojo’s services and products;
- If necessary, to undertake a credit report/credit check of you
- To invoice you and to collect money owed to Property Mojo, including authorising and processing credit card transactions;
- To respond to communications from you, including any queries or complaints;
- To protect and/or enforce Property Mojo’s legal rights and interests, including defending any claim for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
We may disclose your personal information to:
- a credit reporting agency for the purpose of checking your credit
- any person or entity that supports Property Mojo’s services and products, including any person or entity that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that Property Mojo utilizes to provide the website or its services and products
- other third parties, including but not limited to, mortgage brokers, accountants and property managers
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information, including, but not limited to regulatory authorities
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law, including national law enforcement agencies
- Any other person or entity authorised by you.
- ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information in Property Mojo’s possession and to request a correction to your personal information. Before Property Mojo complies with any request (and such request being subject to the grounds of refusal set out in the Act), you will need to provide evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
Property Mojo will comply with a request to correct your personal information if Property Mojo is of the opinion that the requested correction is reasonable and Property Mojo is reasonably able to change the personal information. If Property Mojo declines a request to correct your information, Property Mojo will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email Property Mojo at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting). Property Mojo may charge you any reasonable costs incurred in providing you with copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
- PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Property Mojo will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
- INTERNET USE
While Property Mojo shall take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
If you post your personal information on the website or a third-party website that supports Property Mojo’s services and products, you acknowledge and agree that the information you post is publicly available.